Why use SMS as a Marketing Tool?admin_logicfusion
Business today requires a strong marketing background more than ever. The digital presence in all forms like SMS, email, website, and social media is inevitable because mobile usage is dominant everywhere.
Advertisements can be in many forms like television ads or hoardings in a busy place, Social media posts, and radio ads. But, advertisements in the form of SMS in a handy device that everyone use, reach better than any other methods.
Why SMS marketing is still in use?
One might wonder, even in the social-media era, is there anyone interested in reading texts? Is there a chance for an SMS to go unread? The answer is quite in contrast to the expectations. SMS marketing is the classic marketing since the mobile phones pitched into the market, and still has proven results.
- SMS is the best way to get the personal number of the potential customers. It helps the customers to make the first move to reach out to the business. Example: To know more about offers, Type MORE and send a Text message to 54545.
- Almost every phone has an SMS feature, and the SMS does not require Data Connectivity. Replying to the message through SMS is simple, compared to reading and typing the message via e-mail.
- Tracking the Data is possible in SMS marketing. It is easy to know if the SMS is read or not, and it is also possible to check whether the link sent is clicked or not.
- The SMS will be short, so need not worry about hiring writers or designers to reach customers. One line message with a cache line will bring in the customers.
- The click to webpage rate has always been higher than 90% compared to other marketing forms that a company does.
- To read an SMS takes only 10 seconds. Even busy people roll their eyes over the message before deleting or ignoring it. The chances of SMS going unread is lesser than e-mail campaigns.
- The cost involved in an SMS campaign is too less than any other type of campaign. SMS marketing is a budget-friendly marketing campaign for start-ups.
- The bulk SMS marketing software makes the job easy. With just one click, thousands of potential customers can read the message.
- It is the fastest way of making a campaign work. Just type one line of the message and a bulk transfer, most of the people could get to know the offers and deals very soon.
- Chances of people reading the message at once the message received is also high compared to e-mail campaigns. By sending an e-mail, the chances of people neglect and plan to read it later is more.
- Besides being an independent campaign medium, SMS can support other marketing mediums like websites, social media, and e-mail.
- SMS is a great feedback medium. Compared to other feedback methods, the response for feedback through SMS is 30% higher.
- Interacting with customers through SMS increases the reliability of the brand.
- OTP through SMS helps to get the contact detail of the customer. By this method, even the change in the customer’s number can be obtained easily.
- Sending the e-mail to the customers, and followed by setting a reminder to read the e-mail through SMS, increases the e-mail opening rate to 20% – 30%.
- SMS can create and maintain a bond with the customer, by sending a Happy Birthday message.
- It is the best channel to share the vouchers, discounts, and new arrival message to the targeted customers.
SMS marketing has several plus points but it has a drawback if the customers are enrolled in DND. But engaging the current customer is possible through SMS marketing.